Part A – Report, 1,000 words
A detailed report that examines a contemporary ethical issue within the global business environment and assess the likely impact of implementing a code of conduct and support from Governing Bodies.
Part B - CPD Plan, 500 Words
Attached as an appendix to the report, a reflective continuous development plan that identifies learning from the module and how it will be implemented to aid in your studies and future career.
DESCRIPTION OF THE TASK – WHAT YOU ARE BEING ASKED TO DO?
Part A – Report, 1000-word document
Choose one contemporary ethical challenge facing the global business environment today from the module, and prepare a report that;
1. Introduces and defines the issue/challenge chosen (for example CSR, Corporate Governance, Sustainability, Environment, Corruption, Human Rights, Working Conditions; give a definition and examples of how the issue/challenge affects companies and how companies affect the issue both positively and negatively e.g. what are companies doing to help eradicate the issue?, how are companies adding to the problem?)
2. Explains the codes of conduct that can assist in resolving / addressing the issue
- (using relevant Codes of Conduct from your research, explain what the Code suggests to do to improve the situation for both a company, communities and individuals)
- Discusses the support and guidance available from the relevant Professional Bodies (identify which Professional Body Organisation(s) is best suited to aiding companies deal with the issue you have chosen, and explain why they are the most suitable organisation, you will also need to explain the support and advice that they offer organisations).
- Concludes with an assessment of the likely impact both the support and codes of conduct could have on the issue (identify the most likely positive and negative impacts that the Code of Conduct and Professional Body support can have on the issue from the perspective of the community and the company).
Part B – CPD Plan 500 Words (Appendices)
Upon completion of the report, complete the attached template for a CPD plan, ensuring that you give details of what you have learnt from the module, how your learning will impact further studies and future career, and create SMART objectives to action the learning that has taken place with regards to business ethics.
You must reference all information used in the report, using the Harvard Referencing Guide.
See attached grid for grade descriptors.