1. Evaluate the three value-at-risk (VaR) approaches used to measure market risk. You should use real world numerical example to illustrate: (a) VaR as a measure of market risk.
Module Title: Risk 1: Credit and Market Risks
PART A - No appendix allowed for this part.
1. Evaluate the three value-at-risk (VaR) approaches used to measure market risk. You should use real world numerical example to illustrate:
(a) VaR as a measure of market risk.
(b) The limitations of VaR and the techniques developed to address these limitations (such as Extreme Shortfall, Conditional VaR, Back Testing and Extreme Value Theory)
2. Within the risk management framework introduced in week 1, critically discuss the issues associated with measuring and managing credit and counterparty credit risk in financial institutions. You should present an understanding of the regulatory aspects of credit and counterparty credit risk within the discussion.
PART B - Group Presentation during Week 12 and Reflective Statement
1. Prepare and present a group presentation (during week 12) on any contemporary issues in credit/counterparty credit/market risks management. Further, you are required to submit the original presented slides for your group as an appendix to the assignment.
2. Write an individual reflective statement on the group presentation (indicative length 500 words) setting out why your group chose the topic, what you gained from engaging with the presentation and what you think you have learned as a result of the presentation. You should submit as appendix all documents that specifically highlight your contribution to the presentation such as any notes, readings, contributions you have made to the group presentation.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions