1. In approaching this question it is important to first describe what the key findings and approaches within each of your sources.
Assessment 1 The topic chosen : Mental disorder and crime [or] Sexual offeding
Your written assignment should be 1,400-1,600 words and will account for 45% of the overall mark in the unit and the title is as follows:
Please write a comparative research review comparing one research journal article with two media articles on the same theme. Within the comparative review you should focus on comparing and contrasting the academic value and content of each.
The academic research article chosen can be either from your reading list or another of your own choosing. However, it must be a peer reviewed academic article. Essay guidelines and planning your essay:
1. In approaching this question it is important to first describe what the key findings and approaches within each of your sources. However, be careful not to spend too much of the word count on this descriptive part of the piece.
2. You will not be expected to cover all possible issues. Therefore it is recommended that you focus on 2-3 core points of comparison (eg research/investigative style, purpose, transparency, ethnics, reliability, information detail, objectivity/subjectivity, etc) and backup points of comparisation with sources citations.
3. Your one academic article should be compared to no more than 2 English language media article.
Examples of sources for academic articles:
The British Journal of Criminology; Crime; Media` Culture` The Howard Journal of Criminal Justice; Punishment and Society; Theoretical Criminology; International Review of Victimology; Psychology; Crime & Law; The Journal of Forensic Psychiatry and Psychology; Criminal Behaviour and Mental Health; Aggression and Violent Behaviour; Aggressive Behaviour; Trauma; Violence and Abuse
Examples of sources for media articles:
The Guardian; The Times; The Sun; The Daily Mail; The Telegraphy; BBC.co.uk; The Irish Times; The Irish Independent; The Irish Examiner; The Belfast Telegraph; The Derry Journal; CNN.com; The Washington Post; The New York Times; The Boston Globe; The Economist; The New Statesman; FiveThirtyEight.com; The Australian
4. Always evidence the points you make. While you will be comparing from your chosen sources the best answers will include engagement with other sources, where relevant, as well.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions