Analyse how/why tests of emotional intelligence correlate, or do not correlate, with an individual’s performance at school or work.
Tests of Emotional Intelligence
Review the literature, identify and synthesise relevant information, critically analyse it, and present your conclusions via an Initial Response including specific references to all resources used.
The focus of this Assignment is to consider the impact that emotional intelligence plays in career success.
Review the literature this week.
- What other variables may be related to or interact with emotional intelligence?
- For example, is emotional intelligence a construct of individual differences or merely a facet of personality?
- What relationship does EI have with narrow personality traits, and how might that relationship influence behaviour in the workplace?
- Review the Learning Resources with a focus on psychological tests and their relationship to behaviour.
- Reflect on the correlation between personality tests, behaviour, and performance at school or work.
- Research studies linking psychological tests and real-life behaviour.
- Identify the variables in these tests (e.g., subject background, social upbringing, past experiences, test material, testing process, etc.).
- Consider how these variables may influence behaviour.
- Identify possible gaps in the tests you research.
- Identify possible correlations between external influences on behaviour and personality test scores.
- Reflect on whether individual differences play a role in influencing behaviour.
- Take a position on whether or not personality tests correlate with an individual’s performance at school or work.
Post your responses to the following:
- Analyse how/why tests of emotional intelligence correlate, or do not correlate, with an individual’s performance at school or work.
- Evaluate whether or not this correlation equates to causation and explain your reasoning.
- From your position on this debate, explain whether or not individual differences play a role in an individual’s behaviour.
- Fully state and justify any choices or assumptions that you make using the suggested resources for this unit, as well as your own research. Include references to any sources you have used.
- All sources should be cited using APA 15 references.
- 500 words
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions