Analyse the strategic positioning of the organisation by assessing their missions statement and long-term goals.
You are a business advisor that is specialised in strategic positioning. You have been approached by JD Sports that was nominated in the ‘Business of the year’ category by the City AM Awards 2019. The company has been distinguished due to their financial performance and their aggressive expansion strategy through an “inventive, nimble business that can still thrive in the sector” (City Am, 2019). The company has hired you to produce a report that provides an outlook for the company’s strategic direction for the next 5 years.
This report should include the following sections:
Section 1: Macro Environmental Analysis
- Analyse the strategic positioning of the organisation by assessing their missions statement and long-term goals.
- Critically analyse the current macro environment for JD Sports, and interpret information in order to produce likely scenarios.
Section 2: Capability
- Assess the internal capability of an organisation by using McKinsey’s 7 S framework.
- Critically evaluate the strategic capabilities of JD Sports, utilising a TOWS matrix.
Section 3: Competitive Analysis
- Apply the Porter’s Five Forces model and evaluate the competitive positioning for JD Sports.
- Critically analyse the current and potential strategic positioning for JD Sports by using Ansoff’s matrix and, either Porter generic strategies, or Bowman’s strategic clock.
Section 4: Strategic Plan
- Produce a strategic management plan, based on the above analysis that produces a valid strategic direction, objectives and tactical actions for the next 5 years of the organisation.
This provides evidence for ALL LEARNING OUTCOMES
Word count: 2,250 – 2,500 words
LO1 Analyse the impact and influence which the macro environment has on an organisation and its business strategy
LO2 Assess an organisation’s internal environment and capabilities
LO3 Evaluate and apply the outcomes of an analysis using Porter’s Five Forces model to a given market sector
LO4 Apply models, theories and concepts to assist with the understanding and interpretation of strategic directions available to an organisation
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions