Apply strategic management theories, frameworks and various analytical tools to formulate strategies at corporate, business, and functional levels.
This paper entails writing business documents carrying the theories and frameworks of strategic management and differences analytical tools to define tactics at corporate, business and functional levels. You are required to form a unique strategic audit of a business concentrating on the environment that inculcates its operation and competitors. Moreover, interpret the inputs to develop strategic alternatives for productive implementation of strategic schemes within an organization. Also, explore different resources to accumulate organizational data.
MGMT660 – Strategic Management in a Dynamic Environment
This is the capstone course of the core management curriculum that unites the various functional subjects taught in a business school. The center of attention in the course is the total enterprise perspective in a dynamic business environment. It is designed to integrate knowledge of the functional areas of business with the design and execution of competitive strategies. Strategic management requires the application of strategic intelligence and competitor analysis to shifting economic conditions, industry forces, business practices, and managerial variety. The focus of the course is decision making that results in competitive advantage and long term growth potential for the enterprise. Towards that end, strategic audit methodologies and procedures are introduced to analyze environmental variables external to the firm, and their impact on internal resources, capabilities, and management practice.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- Apply strategic management theories, frameworks and various analytical tools to formulate strategies at corporate, business, and functional levels.
- Create a real-world strategic audit of an organization with focus on the environment in which the firm operates and the industry in which the firm competes.
- Analyze inputs from organizational analysis to formulate realistic strategic alternatives and propose methods and procedures for effective implementation of strategic plans
- Apply research methods to gather organizational information/data and write business reports with appropriate content, substance, and documentation.
- Deliver multi-media business presentations to executives in a professional manner.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions