0% Plagiarism Guaranteed & Custom Written
CAP500 - Career Planning
This subject is designed to prepare students with the knowledge and transferable skills required to assist in a successful career launch in the global business sector. In addition to exploring the skills and qualities essential to obtain a position in their chosen career, students will prepare a career development campaign which will consist of resumes and cover letters, practise interviews and follow-up techniques. The importance of ethics and etiquette in the workplace will also be discussed. Both traditional and on-line methodologies will be integrated throughout the course.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
- Create a cover letter and resume that links personal, education and work experience to employability skills in relevant industries in order to apply for jobs through traditional job search techniques.
- Develop a job search strategy that aligns with personal goals and industry requirements in order to lead self-directed career strategies.
- Apply business communication skills and participate in mock interviews and informational interviews to further enhance student employability.
- Develop a professional social media strategy in order to build a personal brand presence online.
- Network with individuals within the marketplace to enhance communication, understand employers needs and build networking opportunities.
Essential Employability Skills
Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfils the purpose and meets the needs of the audience.
Respond to written, spoken, or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
Use a variety of thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
Locate, select, organize, and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
Analyze, evaluate, and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
Show respect for diverse opinions, values, belief systems, and contributions of others.
Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions