Critically analyse, identify and select the most appropriate methods and techniques to carry out a research project.
Assessment Task for NG4H252 Research Methods for Engineers
To produce an executive report summarising how a potential project could be achieved.
- Write a brief introduction to a project;
- including a clear project aim and a corresponding list of objectives.
- Identify, then critically analyse three different pieces of literature that are relevant to the selected project, this should be done in terms of their relevance to the project.
- Identify suitable research method(s) for the project;
- provide clear links to research methodology literature, and
- explain why the chosen approach is suitable, highlighting any limitations.
You do not need to carry out the project or any research methods: You must describe a project and justify why the method(s) would be appropriate to address the research question or hypotheses.
You must identify and then critically evaluate three pieces of literature, but you will need many more references to successfully complete this assessment task.
The word count for this report is 3000 words (±10%) as detailed in the module descriptor. Excess words will not be marked and hence will not contribute to your grade.
This assignment will be marked out of 100%
This assignment contributes to 100% of the total module marks.
Learning Outcomes to be assessed (as specified in the validated module descriptor)
- Critically analyse, identify and select the most appropriate methods and techniques to carry out a research project.
- Critically analyse information and data from a range of sources.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions