You are a consultant who has been employed to advise CC Music on the effective implementation of strategic changes. You are required to produce the following:
Part A:Analysis – Business Process Models and strategy analysis
In this section you should develop
- A series of at least two Business Process Models to capture the existing and your proposed business processes for CC Music. The models should follow the BPMN notation (see for example, http://www.omg.org/bpmn/Documents/Introduction_to_BPMN.pdf). It is recommended that you use Microsoft Visio or similar software to create the models, although you may if you prefer use Word, PowerPoint or appropriate alternatives.
- Strategic analysis for CC Music. You should use at least one recognised analysis technique such as SWOT, PESTLE etc
Part B: Open Source Software Comparison Table
In this section, you should conduct research into a suitable software solution for CC Music. You should decide on the set of characteristics which you will use to evaluate the software, and your research should consider 4-5 alternatives in detail. This section should be presented as a table.
Part C: Report
In this section, you should write a report which provides an overview of the current situation for CC Music together with a roadmap outlining how the proposed changes to the business can be achieved to the benefit of the business. This should draw on your analysis in Part A, include your recommendation for software in Part B, and provide recommendations for ensuring that the strategy is effectively implemented, including consideration of the challenges ahead.
This section, should follow a standard report structure:
Title Page – Contents – Introduction - Main Section – Conclusions and Recommendations - References.
Part D: Reflection on your contribution to the online discussion
In this section you should submit a 250 word reflective summary, accompanied by your own self-assessment of your contribution to the online elements throughout the module, using the table labelled Reflection Self-Assessment Pro forma in Appendix A (copy and paste it into your assignment document) to show your performance. The reflective report should include your detailed reflection, supported with evidence (pasted URLs) from the online discussion, detailed below:
You should use appropriate theories, frameworks, models, that we have covered in the module, to inform and justify your recommendations.
Make full use of the RKC Class Forum Threads to Help With Your Assignment
The unit’s discussion threads should be used by you to explore the assignment further. It is recommended that you use these to:
- Share papers and articles that you have found on relevant topics (remember to include links / reference/ pdfs if you do this!)
- Discuss the changes to the ways of working for CC Music – i.e. discuss what processes will change, and explore how these might work in practice. You might also consider the changing information needs of the business
- Discuss and share examples of Open Source software that could be of use for CC Music.
Please don’t be shy in using these discussion threads – the purpose is to give you experience of using collaborative technologies. Do not, however, discuss your intended approach to writing your submission or parts of that submission.