Assessed intended learning outcomes
On successful completion of this assessment, you will be able to:
Knowledge and Understanding
1. Critically analyse the theory, concepts and models of operations management and demonstrate an understanding of the importance of operations management in global organisations.
2. Analyse and critically evaluate the ways in which operations are adapted in view of specific market culture and customer requirements, and the role and importance of operational excellence in various aspects of competitive advantage.
3. Justify the value of understanding, measuring, reducing and preventing quality costs and understand the application of basic planning & control techniques.
4. Use the basic tools and techniques to plan and improve all aspects of the operations function and understand the application of the control systems that can be used for operations management in a wide variety of environments.
Practical, Professional or Subject Specific Skills
1. Leads by example - as high levels of self-awareness, emotional and social intelligence, empathy and compassion, and able to identify mental well-being in others. Work collaboratively enabling empowerment and delegation - acts with humility and authenticity, is credible, confident and resilient.
2. Judgement and Challenge - Takes personal accountability aligned to clear values. Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to challenge when making decisions and solving problems - instils confidence demonstrating honesty, integrity, openness, and trust.
3. Courage & Curiosity - is confident and brave, willing to innovate, seeks new ideas and looks for contingencies. Manages complexity and ambiguity, comfortable in uncertainty, and is pragmatic.
4. Valuing Difference - engaging with all, is ethical and demonstrates inclusivity, recognising diversity, championing, and enabling cultural inclusion. Empowers and motivates to inspire and support others.
5. Professional Reflects on own performance, demonstrates professional standards in relation behaviour and ongoing development. Advocates the use of good practice within and outside the organisation.
Transferable Skills and other Attributes
1. Identify and utilise appropriate methods for collecting and analysing data related to operations management issues.
2. Locate, summarise and synthesise a range of information from published literature and electronic sources on operations management.
3. Use and evaluate a variety of tools for improving organisational performance
5. Manage effectively their own time and learning.
6. Improve their research skills, and data analysis and presentation. Manage their time to meet deadlines in both group discussions and in preparation of in-class activities.