Critically assess why terrorism is so difficult to define. What elements would you include in a definition of terrorism and why?
This paper deals with the concept of terrorism and its implementation. You are required to focus on the following aspects in detail:
- Critically evaluate the definition of terrorism and explain the elements that describe it the best
- Provide references of terrorism with legislation, court cases, and academic literature
- Comment on the given statement and discuss your views about the application of terrorist activities with justified purpose
- Give an example of a a ‘disruptive’ counter-terrorism and analyse its effectiveness through different researches
- Explain how lone-actor could be dealt with success
- Describe the benefits of military retaliation as a counter-terrorism measure
CR6014 Terrorism Studies.
1) Critically assess why terrorism is so difficult to define. What elements would you include in a definition of terrorism and why? Answer with reference to legislation, court cases, and academic literature
2) “Terrorism is terrorism, whatever the motives of the perpetrators”. R v F  QB 960, at 27-28. Consider this statement, and discuss whether undertaking terrorist activities for a ‘just’ or ‘noble’ cause should be taken in to account by the courts.
3) Choose an example of a ‘disruptive’ counter-terrorism measure. Critically assess how effective the particular measure has been, and identify any gaps in the relevant data and research.
4) How can lone-actor, or small-cell terrorism be tackled effectively? 5) How effective is military retaliation as a counter-terrorism measure? Answer with reference to research data, and academic literature.
The word limit for the essay is 3,000 words, +/- 10%. The word count should be clearly noted at the beginning of the work. All work must be referenced using the Harvard method, with a reference list incorporated at the end. Further guidance can be found in the Module Specification and Guide on Moodle
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
tailored to your instructions