Demonstrate a critical understanding of the role of human nutrition and metabolism in health and disease.
Coursework 1 Brief:
You are required to write a 2000 word report.
This assignment has been designed to assess the following learning outcomes;
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the role of human nutrition and metabolism in health and disease.
- Critically appraise dietary / nutrient based guidelines for different stages of the life cycle.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the complex factors that can influence nutrition across the life course.
With reference to dietary fat (i.e. total fat, saturated fat, monounsaturated fat and polyunsaturated fat), critically discuss current dietary guidelines and intakes for women (aged 20-40 years) and children (aged 1.5-3 years). Your answer should;
- Critically compare and contrast the dietary fat guidelines in the UK and in another country of your choice.
- With regards to the UK only, briefly outline current fat intakes for the two population groups specified and demonstrate a critical understanding of the possible consequences of current fat intakes on health and disease.
- Include critical discussion of the possible factors contributing to current fat intakes of the two population groups specified.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions