Demonstrate an understanding of the context and development of family social work and critically reflect on the professional social work role within the multi-professional systems that safeguard and protects the wellbeing of children.
Currently, increasing emphasis is placed on collaborative working between agencies and professional disciplines in working with children and families. How did the experience of working in your group further your understanding of collaborative working? Critically analyse the strengths and weaknesses of such an approach.
LO1 Demonstrate an understanding of the context and development of family social work and critically reflect on the professional social work role within the multi-professional systems that safeguard and protects the wellbeing of children.
LO6 Critically evaluate the knowledge base and it’s relevance to the social work role in children and families social work.
• Do I define collaboration – do I think make this specific to C&F?
• Is this the same as multi agency/professional work?
• Can you draw on theory of working together, groupwork, partnership? Critique this approach. • What are the shortfalls or barriers to collaboration?
• Is collaboration defined by law and policy?
• Are there lessons to take from SCR – Are there any limitations or critique of using SCR, what can the detrimental impact be on practice?
• Look back at the presentation – can you reflect on the group dynamics? Did you learn anything about your style of partnership and how this may translate to practice?
• How do you think this may be reflected in the reality of practice?
• Think about processes of collective decision making with the Potter family – any barriers to this (think about the CP conference video we watched?)
• Are there learning opportunities from this process of group working, decision making?
• What is essential for collaboration to be successful?
• Who does partnership and collaboration begin with – who can be lost in this process?
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
tailored to your instructions