Discuss the role and changing trends of Canadian business in the Canadian and global economic systems.
||Introduction to Business Administration
This course is designed to provide students with an introduction to the Canadian business environment, business issues and functions, and the major forces at work in the global economy. It provides students with a perspective of business firms as integrated organizations composed of a number of specialized functions.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
- Discuss the role and changing trends of Canadian business in the Canadian and global economic systems.
- Identify and describe the political, economic, social, technological and international/geographic environments within which business operates.
- Compare the various forms of business ownership, identify the importance of entrepreneurs, and explain the appropriate structures for setting up business in Canada, including the basic elements of a business plan.
- Describe the basic management functions of planning, organizing, leading and controlling as they pertain to all areas of business.
- Describe the elements of Human Resource Management within an organization and the importance of leading and motivating employees.
- Discuss ethical issues and social responsibility, and how they affect the major business stakeholders such as employees, customers, investors, the community and environment.
- Describe the importance of trade for Canadian business including the opportunities and challenges of conducting business in the global economy.
- Explain financial management as it relates to the Canadian money and banking systems, risk management, securities markets and investment functions.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions