ECP250 - Emergency and Crisis Call Management
Emergency and Crisis Call Management
Emergency and Crisis Call ManagementNo one ever knows when the unexpected will happen and emergency communicators need to be trained consistently and continually in emergency and disaster management. This subject will demonstrate the principles of a disaster showing how they are to be handled. Management of crisis calls, including effective communication skills in crisis intervention, dealing effectively with difficult callers, identifying critical incident stress and evacuation procedures will be examined through lectures and practical based scenarios. The student will practice advanced communication skills through the role-play of crisis intervention techniques.
This is a 911 & Emergency Services Communications Program prescribed credit.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Define the roles, responsibilities and resources in disasters and emergencies.
2. Describe the history, purpose, effective deployment and incidents of the CBRN Response Team
3. Demonstrate techniques used to handle a caller who is in crisis.
4. Identify and develop a list of types of calls coming in to a communications centre where the caller is in crisis (fire, ambulance or police calls.)
5. Demonstrate techniques for proper handling of various types of emergencies.
6. Define the different types of crisis encountered by Emergency Communicators.
7. Identify organizational resources available for dealing with stress including Critical Incident Stress Teams and the Employees Assistances programs.
8. Explain the nature of suicide and identify how age, gender and other factors affect suicidal behaviours.
9. Identify basic criteria for effective communication in a conflict or crisis situation, including the use of proxemics, effective verbal communication and listening skills.
10. Understand conflict types and crisis situations, their stages of escalation and the various methods of intervention and de-escalation.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions