explain the key aspects of customer relationship management
Customer relationship management (CRM) is the mixture of practices, plans and technologies that companies use to achieve and examine customer interactions and data throughout the customer lifecycle, with the goal of improving customer service relationships and assisting in customer retention and driving sales development.
Unit 4.11 Customer Relationship Management T/503/7081
You are working as a trainee Customer Services Manager in a large online retail business. The business has grown rapidly and whilst turnover and profits are increasing, so are the number of customer enquiries and complaints. The Customer Experience Director is looking to improve the customer relationship management processes at the business and has asked you to participate in a team of staff working on a CRM project. By using a team approach the Director hopes to understand the views of a range of staff and will then use the staff to help embed any changes to working practices.
In preparation for a team discussion prepare a document which provides an overview of the importance of customer relationship management to business.
The document must:
- explain the key aspects of customer relationship management
- analyse the benefits of good customer relationship management
- analyse the impact of quality management systems on customer relationship management
LO1 Assessment Criteria 1.1/1.2/1.3
The Director has asked for a report to help her understand how good customer relationship management is achieved. You have agreed to prepare a draft for the rest of the team to read.
Your report must clearly:
- explain the processes necessary for achieving effective CRM
- explain the role of internal staff in achieving effective customer relations
- assess the role of external stakeholders in achieving effective customer relations
The Director was pleased with the detailed and professional report produced by the team and noted your contribution. She is very interested in exploring the possibility of using loyalty schemes to improve customer relationship management. She has asked you personally to investigate loyalty schemes in detail and to prepare a briefing paper for her to consider.
Your briefing paper should:
- analyse the use of loyalty schemes to gain information about customers
- explain how the information gained is used to inform marketing and customer service policy.
LO3 Assessment Criteria 3.1/3.2
The Senior Management Team has been keeping up to date on the progress the team is making. They have been impressed with the work so far. In preparation for making some strategic decisions on CRM each member of the team is asked to choose an organisation they know well and prepare detailed notes which:
- review customer relationship management in the chosen organisation
- propose improvements to processes for customer relationship management
- propose improvements to the role of staff in promoting good customer relationships.
Then on the basis of this information individual members of the team are asked to produce a plan for the implementation of the improvements.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions