Explain why legislation is created and the role of Royal Assent
- a.Briefly outline where the ideas for new Acts of Parliament originate from.
- b.Explain what is meant by Royal Assent.
- a.Explain why and how delegated legislation is controlled.
- b.Explain what happens if the two Houses of Parliament do not agree on whether a Bill should become an Act of Parliament. Provide an example of an Act of Parliament that has come into force despite disagreement between the Houses.
Outline the role of the judiciary in the legal system of England and Wales. Identify one argument which supports, and one argument which contradicts, the contention that judges create law.
- a.What have you found difficult about managing your time when preparing this TMA?
- b.What would you do differently when planning and writing TMA 02?
TMA 01 tests the following learning outcomes:
Knowledge and understanding:
- explain why legislation is created and the role of Royal Assent
- explain the role of democracy in the law-making process
- explain the role of the judiciary in the law-making process
- select and interpret key information from a range of sources, and represent it accurately and appropriately
- read and discuss legal information
- plan, study and manage a sequence of work to meet a deadline.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions