Gain knowledge and understanding of OOP concepts and principles and be able to evaluate and interpret within the context.
Object Oriented Programming
Learning outcomes assessed within this piece of work as agreed at the programme level meeting
On successful completion of this module students will be able to
- Gain knowledge and understanding of OOP concepts and principles and be able to evaluate and interpret within the context.
- Demonstrate comprehensive analytical knowledge of design and implementation of object oriented programmes, taking quality and reusability into account using API’s or object repositories.
- Employ a structural approach to test OOP based systems, using a test plan, monitoring expected and actual results.
- Evaluate and collect information from a variety of authoritative sources to inform a choice of solutions to standard problems; advance the knowledge of OOP; and become familiar with a variety of research methods such as qualitative and quantitative.
You have recently began a position at Mechachrome software ltd as a junior programmer and have joined a small development team to deliver a Student registration system for a small local college. Bright-Future is a college that currently runs three courses, Computing, Accounting and Business Studies to Home and foreign students. The fees for each course is £3000 for home students and £6000 for foreign students. Each course is 1 year in duration. The college would like the new system to register students onto a course. At times some students may wish to change courses within the college so a feature to enable this should be provided in the final solution. When registering the students, students have the option to pay the full fees upfront or at a minimal pay 1/3 of the fees. The opening main menu could look something like this:
The user interface will be menu driven prompting the user to select a choice, quantity and subsequently to pay by inserting the money. The menu could look something like:
Depending on the option selected from the main menu, sub menus should branch out offering the user different options e.g. if option 1 from the main menu is selected, a sub menu should appear offering the user the choice select a quantity.
The application should allow staff to enter the following information on a Student upon enrolling:
- First name and Surname.
- Date of birth.
- Address including post code.
- Phone number and email.
Student ID number should be automatically generate
What the system should be able to do:
- Enroll Students.
- Switch students from one course to another on request.
- Remove students from a course.
- View a student’s profile which should show the following:
- Course they are studying
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- Address and postcode
- Student ID
- Whether they are home or foreign students.
- Fees paid to date.
- List all the students on a course showing their first names, surname and emails.
Appropriate menus and submenus based on the option selected.
A management reporting feature that allows management to view the most popular and least popular courses.
Total money fees paid to date.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions