Gain knowledge and understanding of state-of-the-art web design technologies
Learning outcomes assessed within this piece of work as agreed at the programme level meeting
On successful completion of this module students will be able to
- Gain knowledge and understanding of state-of-the-art web design technologies
- Demonstrate the ability to design, develop, test and evaluate interactive websites.
- Demonstrate the ability to deploy web application online by building a local server and uploading files to the internet.
- Understand and apply interface design principles to develop usable and accessible websites.
Your assignment consists of two coursework’s: Coursework 1 is the design, development and deployment of a website for Gaia (worth 60% of the total marks of the assignment), and coursework 2 is a report consisting of critical commentary on coursework one (worth 40% of the total marks of the assignment). Both coursework’s are individual pieces of work. Coursework 1 will assess learning outcomes 2 & 3 whereas Coursework 2 will assess learning outcomes 1 & 4.
Coursework 1: Design, develop and deploy Source Code
“KromeTech Ltd” is a leading website development firm and you have been appointed there as a Junior Web Developer. You are always keen to explore innovative ideas for managing the projects. An opportunity has arisen for you to consult on a project for music production company, known as “Tribute Ltd”. It specialises in promoting the music albums of several singers through leaflets, concerts and participating in festivals. They want to know how to market better and hence their business; should move to a digital format so customers can download songs directly from the internet. They are now looking to increase their online presence.
They have two objectives:
a) To design a new website that grows the business.
b) To raise awareness on diverse range of services they offer.
You should submit this assignment as a word document (500 words) via moodle/turnitin and must include the following:
- Design documentation: This should include annotated sketch diagrams/wire-frames; colour schemes and style patterns etc. Your report will show how you have addressed accessibility in your design e.g. checks on user input, different colour patterns for the visually impaired.
- Development: This should include screen shots of the website and the original code for the site in plain text with code comments.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions