HCR5003 Inter-Agency Working
HCR5003 Inter-Agency Working
As part of the formal assessment of the programme, you are required to submit an InterAgency Working case study assignment. Please refer to your Student Handbook for full details of the programme assessment scheme and general information on preparing and submitting assignments.
Learning Outcomes: After completing the module, you should be able to:
1) Discuss the complex factors in a multi-cultural community and how this impacts on the delivery of healthcare.
2) Understand the differing cultural needs of communities in the UK.
3) Evaluate the impact of leadership on a multi-disciplinary team.
4) Appraise the attributes of an effective multi-disciplinary team.
Your assignment should include: a title page containing your student number, the module name, the word count; the appendices if relevant; and a reference list in Arden University (AU) Harvard format. You should address all the elements of the assignment task listed below. Please note that tutors will use the assessment criteria set out below in assessing your work
Case study Read through the following case study The health of people in Wolverhampton is generally worse than the England average. Wolverhampton is one of the 20% most deprived districts / unitary authorities in England and about 30% (14,900) of children live in low income families. Life expectancy for both men and women is lower than the England average. Healthwatch is an independent consumer champion created to gather and represent the views of the public. Healthwatch plays a role at both a national and a local level and will make sure that the views of the public and people who use health and social care services are taken into account.
Their aims are to: ▪ Seek out people to discuss their local health and social care services.
▪ Use what they say to help decision makers improve the quality of local services.
▪ Reflect the diversity of Wolverhampton’s population, including children and young people.
▪ Build on any example of good work that is being achieved.
▪ Work in partnership with services – not in opposition.
▪ Be represented on the Health and Wellbeing Board and ensure progress is achieved
Task Discuss several complex factors in multicultural communities; such as; genetics, ethnic and cultural backgrounds that may impact on health care delivery. Then consider how the attributes of the Healthwatch team in Wolverhampton serves to enhance community health and social care provision and reflect the diversity of its population. Finally, evaluate the importance of leadership in Healthwatch that aims to improve on the experience and outcomes that the people of Wolverhampton receive. You are required to acknowledge the work of others by citing references in the text and creating a list of references at the end
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions