HRA701 - Introduction to Human Resources Management
In this paper, you are required to deal with contemporary human resource management HRM. Moreover, you have to focus on the following points:
The major components of HRM functions and their roles in business contexts
The origin and conceptual foundation of HRM
The influence of government legislation on Human Resources
The methods and techniques used in achieving HR requirements
The concept of performance management and compensation management
The discussion on the key terms, recruitment and selection, employee development and evaluation, compensation and benefits, employee rights, safety and representations and strategic issues and challenges in HRM.
Introduction to Human Resources Management
This subject is a comprehensive overview of modern day human resources management (HRM). This course will introduce the diverse components of human resource (HR) functions and its role in the current business environment. Case study analysis will be used to link the theory to the practical situations that occur in HR. Topics to be covered include the business environment, recruitment and selection, employee development and evaluation, compensation and benefits, employee rights, safety and representations and strategic issues and challenges in HRM, in both domestic and global environments.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
- Describe the historical development and conceptual foundation of Human Resources Management.
- Identify the specific functional areas in Human Resources Management and the knowledge required for a practitioner in each specific functional area.
- Analyse and demonstrate the influence of government legislation on Human Resources.
- Examine and analyse the concepts and techniques involved in meeting human resource requirements through planning.
- Describe and demonstrate the concepts and techniques involved in meeting human resource requirements through staffing.
- Describe and demonstrate the concepts and techniques involved in meeting human resource requirements through training and development.
- Define and assess performance management.
- Examine and analyse the concepts and techniques used in compensation management.
- Explain the purposes and importance of employee benefits, services, and incentive plans.
- Discuss the purposes and importance of employee rights and management rights.
- Define and explain how legislation affects occupational health and safety in today`s environment.
- Examine and analyse the purposes and importance of labour relations and collective bargaining.
- Describe trends influencing the value of work and today`s work force.
- Explain the impact of economic, political, and cultural factors on Human Resources management (HRM) strategies across countries and cultures.
Essential Employability Skills
Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfils the purpose and meets the needs of the audience.
Respond to written, spoken, or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
Use a variety of thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
Locate, select, organize, and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
Analyze, evaluate, and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions