Identify and critically evaluate the key issues to be considered for the overall Strategic transformation programme and provide detailed advice on the key Business Case issues relating to the Manufacturing Location options
Business Project and Programme Management (BMT7075)
You have been asked by the Chief Executive who chairs the Programme Board to provide an initial report to SB considering the following key issues.
For part A you are required to write a 3,500-word consultancy report, in this case a programme plan, from which they could deliver this strategic business transformation.
The report must cover the following:
- Business Case/Programme Management– Identify and critically evaluate the key issues to be considered for the overall Strategic transformation programme and in particular provide detailed advice on the key Business Case issues relating to the Manufacturing Location options. How would you recommend these are assessed and managed through the delivery of the 2-year programme?
- Programme Scope and Deliverables -Identify and critically evaluate the Programme Scope and Deliverables giving a detailed analysis of the Product Development project;
- Estimating and Scheduling - Identify and Critically evaluate the estimating and scheduling issues/approaches for the Programme but also for each project noting the key differences;
- Risk and Issues Management -Provide a justified Risk Management strategy identifying up to 5 key risks/issues and potential mitigation steps;
- Programme Management Organisation, Governance and Stakeholders - Recommend how the organization should structure and organise for the good practice delivery and governance of the Programme considering its existing structures and challenges including the various projects? Identify and critically analyse the views of stakeholders especially in respect of the outsourcing/location of Manufacturing?
- Programme Control - Identify and critically evaluate the Programme Control methods for managing the transformation and justify your choices. Show how would you approach the development of a detailed plan and identify key milestones for the Programme.
- Contracting and Supplier Management - Critically evaluate the options for procuring, supplier selection and contracting the consultancy Contract for the Centre of Excellence.
It is important that you research how other organizations have approached the project/programme management of strategic change in support of your advice on ALL the points indicated above.
For part B, to support delivery of the projects and the programme you are required to write a 750-word consultancy report. This separate report should identify how you would recommend that the company organizes and manages the strategic change based on recommended Best Practice Frameworks especially considering the P3M3 assessment. The report must:
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of two Project/programme Management Frameworks/Techniques of your choice in terms of how they would achieve improved management performance relating these to the case study
- Critically justify your choice of frameworks and analyse why they are relevant to the Case Study? Highlighting the challenges faced.
- Reflect on the choices and provide a clear recommendation for improving Project/programme Management Performance within SB.
2.2. Assessment Submission Structure
You may structure Parts A and B in any way you choose but both will need to be in the form of management reports.
2.3. Assessment Marking Scheme (Student Version)
The overall assignment is marked out of 100. The following table shows the mark allocation and the approach required for Parts A and B
Business Case/Programme Management
Identify and critically evaluate the key issues to be considered for the overall Strategic transformation programme and provide detailed advice on the key Business Case issues relating to the Manufacturing Location options. How would you recommend these are assessed and managed through the delivery of the 2-year programme?
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions