Identify and define the different value and belief systems present across cultures through cultural profiling and self-construal.
Unit title & code
Intercultural Competence in Business MAR013-1
Assignment number and title
Assignment 2: Cultural Autobiography
Weighting of assignment
Size or length of assessment
The word-limit for the assignment is 2,000 words (+/- 10%). This does not include the title page, executive summary, table of contents, reference list and appendices.
Unit learning outcomes
1 Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
- Identify and define the different value and belief systems present across cultures through cultural profiling and self-construal.
2 Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
- Demonstrate your understanding of different cultural frameworks and strategies used in intercultural communication by applying theories to practice in variety of intercultural business interactions.
To demonstrate your knowledge of relevant theories and your awareness of self-construction, create two intercultural biographies (taken from your interviews). Compare and contrast the information taken from the biographies and analyse the results using appropriate intercultural frameworks.
a) Using the ‘Cultural Autobiography’ questionnaire create your own cultural autobiography identifying the major influences on your own life
b) Using the ‘Cultural Autobiography’ questionnaire create a cultural autobiography of someone you deem to have a different cultural background to yourself and create their cultural autobiography
c) Compare and contrast the two profiles using the different cultural frameworks to explain both cultural differences as well as similarities
In order to pass Assessment 2 you will need to:
- Demonstrate your awareness of self by completing a cultural autobiography questionnaire
- Demonstrate your awareness of different cultures interviewing a colleague with a different background using the cultural autobiography questionnaire
- Compare and contrast the two biographies and identify both similarities and differences
- Use your cultural frameworks to evaluate those similarities and differences
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
tailored to your instructions