identify the role of IT in the success or failure of your chosen organisation
CFPBUS003 - Introduction to Information Technology
Information technology (IT) and its applications in the modern world are an essential requirement to survive and succeed in the current business environment. IT plays a crucial role in all aspects of modern life. IT increases productivity of a company with efficiency saving effort, time and money
Select an organisation in the Retail sector, for example Tesco or Marks & Spencer, and conduct desk and/or Internet research on the organisation, together with an analysis of relevant academic books and journals to:
- identify the role of IT in the success or failure of your chosen organisation,
- find ethical and social issues that pertain to running businesses,
- identify and differentiate between different types of networking technologies.
- discuss the importance of Intranet and Internet in your business
- list and explain the different stage of system development life cycle. Please note this may not be revenant to the selected business, however, you must provide a generic answer.
Support your analysis with a discussion of the potential benefits and drawbacks of your chosen company investing in Information Technology.
This assessment addresses:
LO1 - Understand and use frequently used Computing terminologies
LO2 - Understand ethical and social issues associated with Technology
LO3 - Differentiate between types of networks
LO4 - Appreciate the growth in ICT and use of the Internet and its effects on business
LO5 - Understand the role of Information Technology in Management
LO6 - Understand the different stages of systems development
- It is expected that you use current peer-reviewed journals and articles to ensure that you have an in-depth understanding of your topic particularly for the Literature Review.
- There must be sufficient linkage between theory and practice.
- Harvard style of references should be used.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
tailored to your instructions