0% Plagiarism Guaranteed & Custom Written
MAY740 - Lighting, Texturing and Rendering
Lighting, Texturing and Rendering
In this course the student will be introduced to the principles involved in lighting, texturing and rendering in Maya. Emphasis will be placed on creating proper polygonal UV layouts and on creating photo-real renderings. Only Maya lights, materials and the software render will be used during this course.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Layout proper polygonal UV’s
2. Export UV’s from Maya to be used in Industry standard image editing software
3. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of Industry standard image editing software and its use in creating texture maps
4. Demonstrate a basic knowledge of Maya’s texture editors and their use in creating shading networks in Maya
5. Discuss the various properties of materials and how to replicate those properties in Maya through the use of texture maps
6. Create a basic three-point light setup and discuss the differences between each of the lights in that setup
7. Discuss the various approaches to creating “atmosphere” in Maya renders
8. Render a still image in Maya using the Maya Software Renderer
Essential Employability Skills
Respond to written, spoken, or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
Locate, select, organize, and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
Analyze, evaluate, and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
Show respect for diverse opinions, values, belief systems, and contributions of others.
Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
Take responsibility for one`s own actions, decisions, and consequences.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions