Part 1: To conduct peer interviews on physical, mental and social health and well being
Measuring Health: Assessments Guidance
1. Summativeassessment1: This is a two part assessment. The details are provided below
Pass mark: 40
Word count: 750 words or equivalent plus references
12.04.2021, 20:00/ 8 pm Collaborate. You must finish recordings of your interviews on collaborate. 12.04.2021, 23:45 on Turnitin. Submit the briefing document on identified health risks.
Feedback: 15 working days weeks from the date of submission.
Guidance for Summative one: This is two part assessment. Instructions are provided below.
Part 1: To conduct peer interviews on physical, mental and social health and well being.
- You are divided into pairs to conduct peer interviews. The tutors will allocate you in the pairs. You cannot change your pair.
- You need to conduct interview with each other in pairs. The interviews should last for 20 mins (10 mins each max).
- You MUST include all three dimensions of health- physical, mental and social health in the interviews. You are suggested to use the questionnaires/tools discussed in the class for measuring health and include minimum five questions each about physical, mental and social health.
- You do not need to provide personal information. You can ‘pretend and act’ as a person of your choice/imagination and give interview to each other.
- The interviews should be recorded on blackboard collaborate and should be downloadable for tutors. You are advised to practice interviews before actually recording it.
- You MUST do peer interviews in pairs allocated to you. If one member is not cooperating in the assessment, other person can interview a family member or friend and upload their individual recorded part for 10 minutes so as to not lose marks. You MUST inform this change to your group tutor by week 7. You can do audio recording of the interview and should be uploaded to one drive link sent to you OR do on collaborate. THIS IS AN EXCEPTIONAL CONDITION and evidence of lack of cooperation and engagement will be asked by the tutors.
- You must finish recording on collaborate by 12.04.2021, 8 pm. Your LAST recording will be considered as FINAL. You must delete the other recordings if you have done multiple times. The collaborate sessions will close after that for downloading and marking.
Part 2: Write a 500 words (excluding references) commentary on health risks identified and recommendations made to the interviewee/participant.
- Write a 500 words briefing/commentary describing the interview questions and health risks you identified for the interviewee.
- Introduce a brief profile of the person - age, ethnicity, socio-economic situation etc (100-150 words)
- Write the questions asked in physical, mental and social health
- Write about the health risks you identified based on the interview
- Add references (excluding word limiting)
- Each student must write individually, not in pairs.
- You must upload this on Turnitin individually by 12.04.2021, 11:45 pm.
2. Summative assessment 2:
This is a written essay. You will develop a health profile of an individual whom you do not know, living in a local community in the UK. You will need to discuss what health and wellbeing aspects you would measure and include in the individual person’s health profile using key questionnaires and questions to understand the individual’s current level of health and well being; health risks they have and briefly discuss what population screening program they could have/opt for.
Word count: 2250 words excluding references
Submission: 01.06.2021, 23:45 on Turnitin available on the blackboard. Written feedback will be provided in approximately 15 working days
The assignment is not about clinical or medical tests or check-ups such as blood pressure, blood tests or other types of clinical tests that are only conducted by doctors, nurses and other clinical professionals
Summative essay guidance
Core text: This is only for guidance. The bullet points are provided as different pointers to consider whilst developing your essay. You can order bullet points/sections and add more in the way of your understanding and for clarity of your writing on your chosen topic.
Learning Outcomes: please ensure your essay meets all learning outcomes:
LO1: Describe the importance of measuring an individual’s health status and current health risks at one point in time.
LO2: Identify and determine key individual health risks and be able to provide health promotion information and advice to an individual in a caring and professional manner.
LO3: Describe the diseases and health conditions for which there are population health screening, immunisation and health checks, and be able to communicate their benefits and harms to an individual.
Aim: Develop a personal health profile for an individual that you do not know, living in a local community in UK.
(Describe and discuss what measures you would include in an individual person’s health profile that would help you understand their current level of health and wellbeing; the health risks that they have; and briefly what health screening they could have based on their health status).
Introduction – approx. 150 words
- Describe what will you do in your essay and why
- Discuss why measuring the health of an individual is important from a public health and health promotion point of view.
- Outline what issues you will be discussing in the essay e.g. the measures you will discuss- such as physical, mental and social health issues
Background (sources and evidence must be cited)- approx. 500 words
- Provide definitions of health . Discuss the definition of health as stated by the World Health Organization as your starting point for ‘measuring health’. Describe why all categories/dimension of health are important.
- Discuss what ‘measuring health’ means, and different ways in which health can be measured.
- Identify and describe some examples of epidemiological statistics around the three broad categories health in relation to health in the UK. For example- for physical health you can discuss data around non-communicable diseases, mental health data and social health data such as isolation and loneliness.
- Please follow the order of describing first physical, then mental and social health.
Body of Essay/Main Section (sources and evidence must be cited)- Please develop your own subheadings. You can use more than one subheading. Approx.1400 words
IMPORTANT: As suggested in the ‘Background’ section in this section divide your discussion into first physical health, then mental health (including wellbeing) and then social health measures. Do not go from one physical to one mental to one social and back and forth. This will confuse the reader and will more likely mean that you miss an important measure in each category.
- Identify and describe the current health and well-being status of the INDIVIDUAL person you interviewed-outlining his/her demographic (age, sex, ethnicity, employment status, job they do, educational achievement, where they live) data and their social life (family, friends, care support etc) that can help to inform you and your colleagues about your INDIVIDUAL’S current health profile of the person [approx.- 200 words].
- Identify and discuss what health and wellbeing data would you collect about the INDIVIDUAL using the questionnaire (5-6 ques/each category) and why you would collect it, i.e. what would it tell public health professional who want to know about their physical health (height; weight; BMI, lifestyle and information on diet, smoking, drinking and so on); mental health (how satisfied they are with their life, whether they have been feeling happy or unhappy); social health (hobbies, outside interests, what family and friend networks/support they have and so on).
- Identify and discuss what the above data and information could tell us about the current health risks that your INDIVIDUAL has. For example. not eating fruit and vegetable or not engaging in physical activity.
- Describe the health recommendation you would make to the individual based on the data you gathered. Who could you signpost/refer them for further advice. Think beyond GP.
- Define and discuss what is population health screening is and its general advantages and disadvantages (its benefits and its potential to cause harm). Discuss what screening you would suggest or advise for your INDIVIDUAL based on their health profile and risk factors and
who would you signpost them to for further advice. (Give one or two examples of population health screening programs)
- Describe significance of immunisation and health checks and WHAT or IF you would recommend to the INDIVIDUAL you interviewed.
Conclusion (sources and evidence can be cited where appropriate) - approx. 200 words
- Wrap up your discussion with some thoughts about:
o Briefly discuss what the strengths and weaknesses are the way you measured the individual’s health e.g. what is good and not so good about using questionnaires.
References: (no word limit/count)
- Ensure referencing and in-text citation follows Cite Them Right Online recommendations for Harvard-style referencing. Use the short guide to referencing found on the Module Blackboard site.
Tips for writing
Format and style
- You should write in active voice.
- Avoid informal words, colloquial language in writing.
- Avoid contractions (Can’t/don’t is wrong, use can not, do not).
- Explain your abbreviations first before using them. For example- World Health Organisation (WHO)
- Use British English.
- Do not write in first person. (I think, I read, I believe etc.)
- Please be careful with your spellings and punctuation marks. Poor grammar is poor writing and results in poor understanding and misleading.
- The writing should be formal and should create a flow through linking sentences clearly.
- Use clear and concise academic language in writing.
- No anecdotal stories.
- Make sure the format of your essay is Calibri or Arial font, 12, The margins for each page are 2.54 cm (the default in MS Word) and the line spacing is double, and justified (right and left side of paragraphs is straight, like in a book or published report).
- Your are provided with an essay template which you should use to write your summative one written commentary and summative two essay.
- You MUST use Harvard Referencing system in your assignment
- This should be for both in the body of the essay (citation) and references. Please signpost your references clearly and accurately in the body of the essay.
- Use only academic peer-reviewed published articles, academic books, government websites or reliable international data sets from UN or other international agencies.
- Avoid grey literature, non-academic articles. For example- google, blogs, newspapers, online opinions, non-validated data etc
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions