PSY1003 Assignment Instructions
This assignment has been designed with the aim of enhancing your understanding of the module topics. It will form (30%) of your mark for this module. The maximum word count for this assignment is 1000 words. You will hopefully learn a lot throughout your degree. The knowledge you develop is important and should be shared. The approach you take to sharing this knowledge will depend on the intended audience.
The assignment should be written in the form of a ‘blog’. Please choose an appropriate title for your blog. The blog itself is comprised of two parts:
Part A (approx. 500 words)
- The aim of this section is to explain something that you have learnt from this module so far to someone who has no prior knowledge of psychology or neuroscience. You can choose any topic that has been covered in the following lectures. You do not need to summarize the entire lecture (or corresponding chapter from the reading list); instead we suggest that you focus on an aspect of the lecture / chapter that you are interested in:
- Introduction to Psychopathology
- The Anatomy of the Nervous System
- Neural conduction and synaptic transmission
- Research Methods in Neuroscience
- Classification and Assessment in Clinical Psychology
- Start with a brief description of what you are explaining. This can be anything that you have found significant, memorable, or interesting from the content covered in the above lectures. The way in which you explain this is up to you, as long as you feel that it helps the intended audience (a novice) to develop their understanding. The markers will be looking for clarity in the explanation and the appropriateness of your approach for your intended audience. You may include diagrams if you think this will facilitate understanding.
Part B (approx. 500 words)
- The aim of this section is to critically reflecton the decisions you have made. Critical reflection is about considering your own thoughts, feelings and experiences and determining how they fit in with the ideas, concepts and theories presented to you. The types of points you might include here are:
- Why did you decide to choose to explain this topic?
- Why was this interesting to you?
- Why is it important to understand this topic?
- How is this relevant to things you may encounter in daily life, and / or important issues that have been in the news recently?
- Has this content changed or influenced your views and understanding of the topic?
Please provide a sources (or sources) which support your key points. This is also useful if the reader wishes to follow up on the topic. This could be the corresponding book chapter from the core reading, a journal article, newspaper article, other online source, etc.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions