Review the Learning Resources with a focus on the five-factor model (the Big Five) and cross-cultural research.
Requirements for Assignment
Complete the Introduction section to your personality factor analysis report
(1000 Words / 20 references European resources – APA style)
Though there are several personality traits defined in psychology, there are five in particular that are most commonly used when describing someone’s personality. Known as the Big Five, they consist of openness, conscientiousness, extraversion, agreeableness, and neuroticism. Together these make up the theory dubbed the Five-Factor Model.
A tool for supporting the measurement of traits such as the Big Five is the International Personality Item Pool (IPIP). As the name suggests, it is an ideal resource when adapting research procedures to different cultures and languages, something you hypothetically did for your module project. Recall that in the background information for the simulated data you will you use in your factor analysis; you know that the data came from a questionnaire given to Inuit children from northern Canada who speak the Inuktitut language.
Your task is to complete the Introduction section to your personality factor analysis report. Your challenge is to make a case for developing a questionnaire based on the Big Five personality factors and why you derive such a measure from the IPIP. This assignment should support why you chose to develop the hypothetical questionnaire based on the Big Five Personality factors and the IPIP. You should argue for or against the utility of the aforementioned and cross-cultural applicability in your assignment.
- Review the Learning Resources with a focus on the five-factor model (the Big Five) and cross-cultural research.
- Review the International Personality Item Pool website in the Learning Resources.
- Research the five-factor model, IPIP, cross-cultural research, and the procedures for adapting questionnaires for use in other cultures. Only use scholarly papers and journals. You can find several such papers and/or journals from online repositories such as Web of Science, PsycINFO, and Science Direct.
- Reflect on the value of developing a questionnaire based on the Big Five personality factors.
- Reflect on what you might discover if your questionnaire worked within the Inuit cultures
- Analyse why the five-factor model is effective in developing cross-cultural questionnaires.
- Analyse how IPIP contributes to the development of your personality questionnaire.
- Based on your analyses, as well as your cross-cultural research and the procedures for adapting questionnaires for use in other cultures, make a case for why you developed a questionnaire based on the Big Five personality factors.
- Use your analysis to also explain why you derive such a measure from the IPIP.
- Hypothesise what you think you might find if your questionnaire works in the Inuit culture. Justify your reasoning. However, the assignment should not focus on the details of the Inuit culture. The focus should remain on the application of the Big Five personality factors and the IPIP cross-culturally.
- Your Introduction should be 1,000 words.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions