SIM335 Managing Projects
SIM335 Managing Projects
Task 1 (40% marks) 700 words (+/- 10%) each short answer question requires a response in a few sentences for the questions awarded up to 4- 6 marks and a paragraph for questions awarded up to 8-10 marks
1) Projects are normally catergorised into different types. Define each type and give examples of each type of project? (8 marks).
2) What would you include in your managing scope statement? What tool could you use to show the subdivision of the scope of work? (6 marks).
3) Using the information below, plot out a full project Gantt chart and identify the critical path? How many days does it take to complete the project? What are the benefits of using a Gantt chart? (6 marks).
4) How would you decide if a project had been successful? (4marks).
5) How would you assess and manage the risks on a project. (6marks). 6) What is Project Quality Management? What does it consist of? (10marks).
Case Study: Watson PLC is a British leisure company specialising in the provision and operation of private health and fitness clubs. They opened their first club in 1994, and they have subsequently opened a further 24 clubs within the UK. These clubs all incorporate: a 25 x 12 metre swimming pool, a fitness facility, a Health studio (including a Spa, with a sauna and steam room), 3 aerobic/dance studios, two meeting rooms, and a small cafeteria/bar lounge area.
Watson PLC is going to open a new club which will incorporate new facilities and services. The new club will be larger than Watson’s PLC’s existing clubs. This is due to the additions of a small 100 seat cinema, and an extensive beauty spa. The beauty spa will have a vast range of treatments and services available including: hairdressing, massage, and cosmetic treatment. The new club has an investment of £1 million pound and is due to take 48 weeks to complete.
As project manager appointed by Watson PLC at the feasibility stage, you are required to prepare a report (2,300 +/- 10% words). From a project management perspective outline the activities required to successfully manage this new initiative, ensuring that it is on time, and within budget. The analysis should include the skills and competencies required by the Project Manager, along with the project management process. Use examples of the concerns, Project Life Cycle stages, processes, leadership, and administration and control problems associated with managing the lifecycle of this major project.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions