Summarize a variety of texts to demonstrate comprehension.
COM101 - Communicating Across Contexts
This course introduces students to the core concepts of communication. Students will cultivate an awareness of these concepts by analyzing how they are used in a variety of texts and contexts, and they will apply these concepts strategically in their own writing. Through a variety of writing tasks centred on these core concepts of communication, students will develop the transferrable reading and writing skills essential for success in their post-secondary studies, workplaces, and communities.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
By the end of this course, students will be able to
- Summarize a variety of texts to demonstrate comprehension.
- Compose written texts using communication strategies suitable for the intended purpose and audience.
- Analyze a variety of texts to determine the credibility of those sources.
- Create informed arguments in response to a variety of texts.
- Revise writing for clarity, coherence, and grammatical correctness.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions