The manager of a small B&B (20 rooms) is planning to renovate the premises in order to increase the occupation rate of the rooms and in turn, increase revenue.
BSS004-1 Using Data to Build Business Practice
Unit Learning Outcomes assessed:
- Identify data requirements and the appropriate data collection instruments required for effective business decision making
- Conduct appropriate analysis and clearly communicate findings to a stated audience
Assignment One Brief:
The manager of a small B&B (20 rooms) is planning to renovate the premises in order to increase the occupation rate of the rooms and in turn, increase revenue. The B&B is situated in a busy part of town with many competitors of similar size. She has decided that she needs data to base her decisions on what renovations to make. A friend of hers has suggested that a questionnaire would be the best means of collecting the data.
You have been asked by the manager to assist her in the collection of data to enable her to make a decision on what renovations to make. In particular, she would like you to:
- Based on your knowledge, explain to her why a questionnaire is the best method of data collection for this project.
- Suggest what data she needs to collect.
- Design a questionnaire which she can use to collect the required data, with a justification for the questions you have included.
This assignment does NOT require you to collect the data.
Your submission MUST include the questionnaire you have designed.
In order to pass this assessment you will need to:
- Discuss the validity of an appropriate technique to summarise and interpret business data
- Identify basic data requirements to help make a decision
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions