To critically analyse an occurrence of behaviour in order to plan for a social marketing intervention
MODULE TITLE: Social Marketing
A social intervention
This assignment has been made to permit students the chance to explore many social marketing issues which face society by applying their knowledge gained towards this module over the term to a specific social issues.Learning outcomes
On completion of the assignment students should be able to demonstrate their ability to:
- To examine the role and use of social marketing for behavioural change
- To critically analyse an occurrence of behaviour in order to plan for a social marketing intervention
- To appraise a social marketing intervention plan for its potential to achieve behavioural change
Please follow University policy regarding the online submission of assignments and ensure that your assignment is handed in on time and that you retain a copy of the assignment for yourself. Please label the submission file with your student is number, followed by your last name, e.g. 1234567 Smith.
Mode of working
This is an individual assignment and University policy will apply in all cases of copying, plagiarism or any other methods by which students have obtained an unfair advantage.
For re-sitting students: You are required to choose a different contemporary social intervention from your first attempt on which to base your resit assignment. You should agree your choice with your module tutor at a one-to-one meeting that you must arrange directly with the tutor.
Your chosen social intervention should be one that has been specifically designed to address a social issue. The social issue may be the same or similar to your original assignment, but the intervention chosen for analysis must be different from your original submission.
The social intervention may be within any relevant social marketing context where there is a clear emphasis on achieving behavioural change for the benefit of both individuals and society.
You are advised to take plenty of time to research a number of potential social interventions and social marketing issues before making your final choice and you should consult your lecturer if in any doubt about the suitability of your choice of context. Collect as much information as possible on your chosen focus, and review the theories covered in the module thoroughly, in order to allow you to make your appraisal as complete and as detailed as possible.
Your report should make use of appropriate frameworks and mechanisms from the module and include the following:
- An analysis of the social issue
- A critical evaluation of a, contemporary intervention designed to address the social issue
- An appraisal of the outcomes of the chosen intervention
- A proposed change or modification to any aspect(s) of the chosen intervention plan, as a result of your appraisal, in order to consolidate its efforts to address the social issue
Answers to some Frequently Asked Questions
- As you can see from the task description and the marking scheme, this assignment is designed to assess your application of theory to every part of the assignment: from the understanding of the behaviour under examination, to the critical evaluation of the intervention and as a framework for your own recommendations and proposals. There are no marks for a purely descriptive approach!
- Your answer can only be as good as your research. The more you read and research the greater your potential to produce a piece of work of excellent quality.
- At this level I would expect an assignment of these characteristics to be resourced thoroughly and this should be evidenced by approximately 30 entries in the final references list.
- It should be demonstrated how each referenced resource has contributed to the work. That is, you cannot just add a long list of references at the back of the work – they need to be used and referred to inside the report too!
- As a consequence of the above, good quality answers tend to result from consistent research over an extended period of time – not last minute reading.
- You are required to choose and use your own example of an intervention addressing a social issue to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of how social issues affect the target audience and society as a whole; and appraise how those issues are currently being addressed by the analysis of a single intervention. It is not recommended that you choose interventions that are covered in the lectures or seminars.
- You may find it useful to critique your chosen example from the perspective of other similar interventions which are more (or less) successful in dealing with social issues.
- You are NOT expected to contact any organisations; this work should use secondary sources of information.
- Tables, figures and illustrations may be included when appropriate and will not affect the word count.
- A description of the chosen intervention as well as examples of the interventions materials which you feel are relevant and wish to evaluate (e.g. marketing communications, policy documents, testimonial evidence etc) can be included in a single appendix, which must be properly and neatly ordered and catalogued. Please note the appendix is not compulsory and if included it must be directly referred to in your appraisal of the social issue and the performance of the intervention. The appendix is merely supportive and should not include any of your original content which directly addresses the assignment tasks.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions