To encourage you to précis information from books and lectures.
Aims of Assessment
- To encourage you to précis information from books and lectures.
- To assess your knowledge in air quality and thermal impact on the built environment; and also energy conservation measures and encourage you to start preparing for your end of semester exam.
- To assess your ability to evaluate the results.
This piece of assessment will test your ability to meet learning outcomes a, b, c and d as described in your module booklet: -
- Discover the variables in the built environment and human sensation.
- Construct a consciousness in energy conservation.
- Implement the design considerations on comfort, air quality and energy.
- Apply the thermal load requirement and its energy implications for buildings
1. A single storey office, located at 40oN latitude, has 3 internal walls. The only external wall/window is facing west. This office is air-conditioned 24 hours a day.
With the aids of Tables 1 to 6 and using the CLTD/SCL/CLF method, determine:
a. The zone types for “Glass solar”, “People & Equipment” and “Lights”;
b. The correction factor for CLTD;
c. The following cooling load components at 16:00 July:
(i) Solar load through glass;
(ii) Transmission load through the west window;
(iii) Transmission load through the west wall;
3. Design a space air diffusion system for an office installed with a constant air volume system.
The following data are given: Floor dimensions: 40m x 30m Total volume flow rate: 4m3 /s Supply air outlets: 600mm x 600mm (face dimensions) diffuser Ceiling height: 2.5m Ceiling tiles: 1200mm x 600mm Size of the zone served by a ceiling diffuser: 7.5 m
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions