Understand concepts, theories and frameworks related to the management of e-business and be aware of a range of analytical techniques related to digital data in diverse business contexts
BSS041-3 Digital Business Management
Unit title & code
BSS041-3 Digital Business Management
Assignment number and title
001: A written report critically evaluating the importance of Business Intelligence/Big Data for creating a competitive advantage in e-business
Weighting of assessment
Size or length of assessment
1,800 Word report
Unit learning outcomes
- Demonstrate the following knowledge and understanding
- Understand concepts, theories and frameworks related to the management of e-business and be aware of a range of analytical techniques related to digital data in diverse business contexts.
- Demonstrate the following skills and abilities
- Apply relevant theories and frameworks related to: a) employing specific information systems and e-business concepts to sustain an organisation’s competitive advantage, and b) analysing a website/e-commerce presence from various academic perspectives and providing recommendations for improvement.
What am I required to do in this assignment?
You are required to write an individual report critically evaluating the importance of Business Intelligence and the role it plays in the strategic planning process. Understand concepts, theories and frameworks related to the management of e-business and be aware of a range of analytical techniques related to digital data in diverse business contexts
This assessment requires you to discuss the role Business Intelligence play in an organisation to help in the decision making process.
- Discuss the importance of Business Intelligence and how it aids in the decision making process
- Critically analyse the key success factors for implementing Business Intelligence projects
- Using a real-life case study, evaluate how organizations use Business Intelligence to gain a competitive advantage
- You are expected to do much background reading from textbooks and other academic journal articles as well as conduct adequately research evidence to support your review, synthesis and discussion.
- Reference style must follow Harvard Reference Systems, e.g. EJIS style (European Journal of Information Systems). The university library web site has “A guide to academic referencing” at http://lrweb.beds.ac.uk/guides/ref
- The report should be word-processed, the length of your critique should be around 2000 words (± 10%). Please state the number of words using Word Count function at the end of your report.
- Do not include any elements that have been submitted or marked in previous submissions without correct referencing. To use chunks of work previously submitted is considered to be self-plagiarism.
· This is an individual assessment.
- Each student must only submit an e-copy online using ONLY BREO’s link. Please follow the instructions provided in BREO’s “Assessment & Feedback” folder. Your work will NOT be assessed if you failed to submit a copy online before 10.00am on 22nd of November 2019, without approved Migitation.
- Note: Your e-copy submissions must contain the full report, i.e. front page, content, and references. And you must use full Harvard referencing.
- You will be marked as fail if you have missed the deadline for online submission.
- Your assignment will be scanned by a plagiarism detecting tool (turnitin). Any attempt of plagiarising your work will be detected and penalised.
- Your assignment must be a piece of personal and genuine work. If suspected with plagiarism, fabrication, impersonation, or any other forms of academic offence, a viva will be conducted prior to the disciplinary action.
- Any student, which fails to follow above specifications will NOT be assessed.
What do I need to do to pass? (Threshold Expectations from UIF)
- Show an understanding of concepts related to Business Intelligence/Big Data and their role in creating a competitive advantage by exploring the resources provided in the UIF
- Produce a report with headings and formal format and evidence critical reasoning using Harvard Style of Referencing
How do I produce high quality work that merits a good grade?
We will be filling this section in together in class on Click or tap to enter a date. make sure you have downloaded/printed out the Assignment Brief and bring it to the session with you.
How does assignment relate to what we are doing in scheduled sessions?
Your assignment tests your application of learning in the Unit. In delivering the assessment you will undertake activities which are designed to develop your skills, which will provide relevant evidence for your assignment submission. You apply your knowledge and learning in writing a formal business report. The learning in your lectures and seminar activity all inform your preparation for writing the assignment.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
tailored to your instructions