Understand the nature and context of employment relations.
This paper revolves around the comprehension of nature and the context of employment relations along with covering essential factors such as employment relations legislation, contemporary developments in employee involvement and participation, various kinds of conflict behaviour and dispute resolution, etc.
8. Summative Assignment for Contemporary Developments in Employment Relations (5DER/08)
In this paper you have to understand nature and context of employment relations, need to know about employment relations, understands contemporary developments in employees involvement and participation and also know about different forms of behaviours and resolutions.
- Understand the nature and context of employment relations.
- Know about employment relations legislation.
- Understands contemporary developments in employee involvement and participation
- Know about different forms of conflict behaviour and dispute resolution.
You are required to provide written responses to each of the following six questions.
Provide a brief analysis of the indeterminacy of employment relations and an assessment of the factors which impact on employment relations. In your analysis, briefly compare and contrast unitarist and pluralist approaches.
- Briefly critique the key features of the contract of employment.
- Identify the main sources of UK and EU employment relations law and include a brief summary of some of the main developments in individual and employment law.
Provide a brief summary on how you would advise on the purpose and scope of statutory trade union recognition.
- Clarify the key terms used in employee involvement and participation
- Explain the extent to which they can strengthen employee voice in a union and non-union context.
- Provide a brief assessment of the link between employee voice and organisation performance.
Briefly explain the differences between conflict and misbehaviour at work and between official and unofficial industrial action. In your answer, give a brief review of some contemporary trends in the type of conflict and industrial sanctions.
- Explain what is required to advise, coach and guide line managers in the skills for handling grievance or disputes in the workplace.
- Distinguish between third-party conciliation, mediation and arbitration.
Evidence to be produced/required
Written answers to each of the six questions of approximately 3,900 words in total (divided appropriately across the questions).
You should relate academic concepts, theories and professional practice to the way organisations operate, in a critical and informed way, and with reference to key texts, articles and other publications and by using organisational examples for illustration
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions