Understand the philosophical issues relevant to business research, the nature of research methodology and its relevance.
Business Research Methods
The report is an individual piece of work which enables students to put into practice the principles and data analysis approaches introduced in this unit. The report is designed to encourage students to work and learn independently. The length of the report will be 1,500 words (± 10%).
You will need to identify a problem and use the data that is freely provided by the office of national statistics to provide a solution to the problem you have identified. As the focus of this assessment is not on the problem itself but the way you use numerical data to find a solution to the problem some suggested topics will be provided by the tutor. If you wish to develop your own topic you must consult with the tutor to confirm that the topic is appropriate. Initially you will need to identify and process the relevant datasets to the problem identified and then use that data to resolve the problem. Additional databases and data could be used by exception and only after consultation with the tutor. All data has to be contemporary.
In more detail you should:
- Define the problem to be studied and the purpose of research. Provide a brief and relevant literature review.
- You should state the relevant datasets that you would need to analyse and resolve the problem identified.
- Provide an appropriate analysis of the data chosen and included. The type of analysis conducted should be consistent with your objectives and nature of the data collected.
- Write a findings and conclusions section that explains of how the results of your data analysis link back to the problem and the literature review.
You should employ appropriate citation and referencing using the Harvard system. Incorrect referencing will be penalised. It is strongly suggested to make use of visual aids in order to facilitate your data analysis and presentation.
The essay needs to be submitted via turn-it in.
The purpose of the individual report is to allow the student the opportunity to engage in data analysis and demonstrate evidence of independent critical thought and research. An electronic copy of the Report, the data and the analysis must be provided.
The purpose of the individual report is to allow the student the opportunity to explore an area of the course in depth, and demonstrate evidence of independent critical thought and research.
Unit Learning Outcomes assessed:
- Understand the philosophical issues relevant to business research, the nature of research methodology and its relevance.
- Apply appropriate research process (including a purposeful literature review) and methodology in a business context to develop a valid research project.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions