0% Plagiarism Guaranteed & Custom Written
WTP100 - Work Term Preparation
Work Term Preparation
This mandatory course for WIL students prepares students to job search for their co-ops/work terms. Students will reflect on their skills, attitudes, and expectations and evaluate and interpret available opportunities in the workplace. Self-marketing techniques using resumes, cover letters, cold-calls, and interviewing will be learned and students will learn the expectations, rules, and regulations that apply in the workplace with regards to social, organizational, ethical, and safety issues while developing an awareness of self-reflective practice.
One subject credit
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
- Observe the policies, procedures, and services of the Work-Integrated Learning Department.
- Reflect on personal skills and objectives in relation to employer requirements and expectations.
- Develop an effective résumé and cover letter that showcase skills in a professional manner.
- Perform an effective job search including developing a professional social media presence.
- Demonstrate, through question and answer, appropriate interview skills to assist in securing a co-op/work term.
- Recognize the rights and responsibilities of workers, supervisors and employers under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Identify successful work-place attitudes and behaviours.
- Develop an individualized learning plan for the co-op/work term.
- Demonstrate an active reflective practice through journaling.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions