You are required to produce a marketing research report, on an individual basis, covering a review of a hotel organisation’s marketing environment to identify a research problem from a marketing perspective.
This paper deals with writing a Marketing Research Report in which you have to evaluate your organisation’s marketing environment to identify a research problem and design research solutions to the identified problem(s). Along with this, you have to focus on the following aspects:
- Discuss a review of a hotel organisation’s marketing environment to identify a research problem from a marketing perspective
- Employ marketing research theories and methods
- Choose one of the given hotels to conduct the research
- Outline proper structure of the report
The Brief for Research for Marketing module
Your workgroup has been allocated a hotel organisation. In your role as a Marketing Executive, you are required to produce a Marketing Research Report. To do this, you need to evaluate your organisation’s marketing environment to identify a research problem and design research solutions to the identified problem(s). Your Marketing Research Report should show the choices made at each stage of the process.
Your report should be submitted in report format – refer to the guidance given in this assessment brief document for further information. Word Count 4000 words maximum
You are required to produce a marketing research report, on an individual basis, covering a review of a hotel organisation’s marketing environment to identify a research problem from a marketing perspective. Your report should include appropriate marketing research theories and methods and you must justify the choices made at each stage of the research process for undertaking the project. To do this assignment you will be required to work in groups from the onset. Your group will be given one of the four hotels:
1. Harts Hotel, Nottingham – award-winning independent boutique hotel
2. Igloo Hybrid Hostel – Nottingham’s quirky accommodation choice featuring Japanese inspired SleepBoxes
3. Lace Market Studio Apartment – Luxury student accommodation in the heart of Nottingham`s exclusive Lace Market
4. Nottingham-Crusader Mezzanine – executive apartment hotel; part of Huku Kwetu Corporate Housing
Your group will then develop a research brief based on the allocated hotel. You will present your research brief to your seminar group in week commencing 28th October 2019. Your group will receive verbal feedback after the presentation and written feedback the following week. Please note that under no circumstances must you contact the hotel directly. To do so is a breach of your Student Code of Conduct and any infringements will be dealt with severely
Key features of your Research Brief Presentation are outlined below: The Task You will develop a peer-assessed 10-minute group presentation of your research brief. Your group presentation should demonstrate the development of your thinking in the following areas:
• Background information of your organisation.
• Critical literature review of your organisation, its services and its markets to identify a problem and/or opportunity. Perform internal analyses using Resource-Based View (RBV) or Porter’s Value Chain and external analyses of your organisation using PESTLE and Porter’s 5 forces.
• Rationale for research – Provide some justification for research.
• Objectives – Develop a clear and achievable set of objectives based on distinct areas of problem and opportunities identified from your literature review. It could be a problem relating to any of the marketing mix – product, place, price, promotion, physical evidence, processes or people.
• Outline possible research method needed to collect data (quantitative and qualitative method).
• Timescale – Use Gantt chart to show duration of research, what it entails, and those involved in undertaking the study. You will present your brief to the seminar group in the week commencing 28th October 2019. You will be required to respond to 5 minutes of questions and receive verbal feedback on your presentation after the session and written feedback the following week. Please read the feedback carefully and make sure that you improve on your research questions and objectives and methods appropriately.
Formative activity 2 – Individual Research Proposal After presenting your research brief, you will develop a written research proposal that will comprise a detailed plan of action. The purpose of this formative assessment is to help you to fine-tune your research objectives and/or questions, provide a clear rationale for doing research and to design a workable research method and timescale. The Task You will develop 1000-1200-word individual research proposal. Your written proposal should follow the outline below:
• Introduction – background information of organisation
• Review of organisation’s markets and products (PEST and Porter’s 5 forces)
• Review of your organisation’s internal capabilities (using Resource-Based View or Porter’s Value chain)
• Justification for doing research
• Proposed method (quantitative or qualitative)
• Ethical approval considerations
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions