You are working as a trainee administrative manager for a public sector, local authority organisation. You manage the administrative systems in a department that deals with enquiries, complaints and license applications from the general public.
Unit 4.26 Fundamentals of Administrative Management
Level 4 15 Credits
ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management (QCF)
ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Business and Administrative Management (QCF)
You are working as a trainee administrative manager for a public sector, local authority organisation. You manage the administrative systems in a department that deals with enquiries, complaints and license applications from the general public. The number of complaints received in the department has increased significantly over the last 12 months and the Director for Public Services is looking to improve the service.
She has asked you for advice and guidance to develop a better understanding of the role and function of administrative management systems, along with the role of communication in organisations and how systems can be improved.
Your first task is to present an overview of the role of administrative management to the Director.
Your presentation must:
- Outline the role of administrative management
- Explain how the role of the administrative manager relates to the functions of management
- Evaluate the role of the administrative manager in the context of the administrative management function
Your presentation must be in a professional format and make clear references to valid and reliable sources of information which support your explanations and evaluations. The Director will want a copy of your presentation and any supporting research notes.
Assessment Criteria 1.1/1.2/1.3
The Director has asked for a report to build on your presentation which she can share with the senior management team. The management team are committed to improving performance and are interested to hear about how other organisations are managing their administration.
Your report must clearly:
- Describe the main features of administrative systems employed in different types of organisations
- Explain how organisations manage information flows
- Evaluate the role of information and communication technology (ICT) in supporting administration
Assessment Criteria 2.1/2.2/2.3
The management team were interested by your report and would like further information to inform their next step to improving the service.
You need to base your next task on an organisation you have researched and know well. You should prepare a portfolio that:
- Evaluates the different models of communication used in a range of organisations
- Analyses the strengths and weaknesses of your chosen organisation’s communication system
- Recommends how this organisation’s communication system can be improved
Assessment Criteria 3.1/3.2/3.3
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions