You have chosen ABC plc for your ongoing academic studies and met the Facilities Manager at one of its regional branches. The manager has agreed to support and mentor you for your studies, with the hope that the studies may contribute positively towards the business. At first, the manager requires you to prepare detailed notes that demonstrate your understanding of the role of facilities managers in businesses.
Unit 4.36 Managing Business Facilities
Level 4 10 Credits
ATHE Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management (QCF)
ATHE Level 6 Extended Diploma in Business and Administrative Management (QCF)
ABC plc is an international business with its headquarters in the UK. The organisation has experienced strong growth in recent years. The addition of new products and services through a recent acquisition has resulted in challenging demands being placed on support functions. Significant increase in turnover has substantially out-stripped the corresponding increase in the cost of support functions. Lack of attention to these functions is now starting to impact on the rate of growth with market share now proving harder to increase.
You have chosen ABC plc for your ongoing academic studies and met the Facilities Manager at one of its regional branches. The manager has agreed to support and mentor you for your studies, with the hope that the studies may contribute positively towards the business. At first, the manager requires you to prepare detailed notes that demonstrate your understanding of the role of facilities managers in businesses. You must cover the following in your notes:
- an explanation of the contribution facilities management makes to competitive advantage (1.1)
- an outline of the skills needed by effective facilities managers (1.4)
- an investigation of the role and responsibilities of facilities managers (1.3)
Assessment criteria (AC), 1.1, 1.3 and 1.4
The manager is presently working on updating noticeboard information covering health and environmental issues in the organisation. He is concerned that his knowledge is out of date and has asked you to assist by identifying the main aspects of environmental and health legislation regulating facilities management (3.1) and present your findings in a reference guide.
In this task you are required to research other businesses with the aim of understanding the relationship of the operations function and of business ethics with facilities management in businesses. With the help of information gathered on best practices (including business ethics) in facilities management write a report which covers the following:
- explains how businesses may minimize their impact on the environment (3.2)
- examines the relationship between ethical business practice and facilities management (4.1)
- evaluates the relationship between the operations function and facilities management in businesses (1.2)..
ACs, 1.2, 3.2 and 4.1
The efficient and cost-effective use of space is a function of facilities management. Your manager has asked you to provide a worked example of planning and managing organisational accommodation. You must complete this task for a named organisation you know well. This organisation may be where you are currently employed, are on a work placement or where you study. Please check the named organisation with your tutor and then:
- analyse the relationship between business needs and space planning (2.1)
- explain identified improvements to the usage of space for your chosen organisation (2.2)
- produce a plan to manage the changes to accommodation (2.3)
ACs, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3
A bibliography must be attached in a standard format.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions