Choose at least two businesses to research, including a large and a small organisation. The first section of the report must ensure Mr Patel understands management information systems in organisations
Unit 4.44 Management Information Systems
Organisations use management information systems for a range of purposes. This will include gaining a comprehensive understanding of business performance; to help them achieve competitive advantages, work within the law and to carry out processes effectively and efficiently. Fast Truck Food (FTF) is a new business and the Managing Director, Frank Patel, has asked you to investigate MIS systems that are used in both small and large organisations and recommend one which would be suitable for his fast truck food service. Fast Truck is a truck which is used as a restaurant selling fast food but doesn’t as such have any premises. Produce a report to Frank, outlining your findings
Choose at least two businesses to research, including a large and a small organisation. The first section of the report must ensure Mr Patel understands management information systems in organisations. Your report should:
- analyse how data is used within one of the organisations you have chosen
- using the exemplar material evaluate different features of management information systems
- explain how FTF can comply with legal and organisational requirements when using MIS
- evaluate how FTF can utilise MIS for competitive advantage
Use real examples from real businesses to support your findings.
LO1 Assessment criteria, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4
In the second section of the report you must use an actual management information system in an organisation. The information from this case study will help Mr Patel understand management information systems in practice.
Choose a business to research and recommend improvements to the management information system. You will need to carry out comprehensive research, so you must know this business well and have access to the relevant information. The research must enable you to:
- analyse how the business uses its management information system to improve performance
- evaluate the effectiveness of this system
- make recommendations to improve the current system.
Finally on the basis of this research, you must include a plan to further develop the system
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions