Summative Assignment Report.
- The purpose of this Summative Assessment is for you to write a report in which you discuss and critically evaluate the
- findings from the literature in relation to your chosen public health subject covered in your presentation.
- You are expected to use the following structure as guidance for completing the report.
- You may use headings/sub-headings:
Title page including
- Your student cohort.
- Module code and tittle.
- The actual word count (excluding the tittle page and reference list).
- The submission date.
- Your seminar leader and module leader’s names.
Summary (Aprox. 250 words*) This should be a brief note that gives an overview of the ideas and insight and findings
presented in the report. The summary should not comprise any abbreviations or references.
Introduction (Aprox. 300 words*) This should explain the aim of the report by including a brief explanation of your
chosen public health subject and by outlining the contents you intend to cover.
Main body (Aprox. 700 words*) This part of the report can include headings/sub-headings. Any images, pictures, diagrams
etc. should be included in an appendix. Within this section you are expected to:
- Critically appraise the concepts of Public Health/Mental Health and need in relation to UK communities with application
of this to your chosen public health subject.
- Analyse the use of local and national health data in the development of public health/Mental Health policy. Identifying
health needs and priorities through use of epidemiological and statistical data to support the chosen public health subject.
- Critically evaluate theories and ethical principles of health promotion, and their application to collaborative public health interventions and evidence based practice in the context of the chosen public health subject.
- Conclusion and recommendations (Aprox. 250 words*) This should be a statement/decision reached based on the
- key findings of your literature search for which you provide suggestions in light of the evidence and arguments presented.
*The word count is indicative.