Demonstrate understanding of effective communication strategies (PD 2)
Part 2 Activities of Daily Living (ADL) Assessment & Care Planning
Aim(s) of Event: To identify any actual or potential problems with the patient’s Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). To develop a care plan to address one problem identified.
Specific Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate understanding of effective communication strategies (PD 2)
- Demonstrate the importance of professionalism (PD 1)
- Undertake a holistic assessment in order to formulate a person-centred care plan (PD 3 ESC 3)
- Examine the role of the nurse in promoting health (PD4, ESC 3)
- Describe the multifaceted approach to caring for service users, including consideration of interprofessional working. (PD1, ESC 3)
Evidence of partnerships involved with development and/or delivery of simulation event
- Development team Nicole South, Kate Brown
- Planning documents
- Teaching team
Pre-Simulation Preparation 2 hours
- Students to watch video “Violet’s Home Assessment” available on BB
- Students to read the article: Ballantyne H (2016) Developing nursing care plans. Nursing Standard. 30 (26) 51-57.
- Students to familiarise themseleves with the care plan documentation on blackboard.
- Students to revisit the Activities of Daily Living Model – Roper Logan and Tierney
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions