You are required to prepare a 10 minutes long original presentation and submit a report based on your presentation
Globalisation of Markets
This assignment is designed to assess two learning outcomes (LOs), which account for 50% of the overall module mark. The two LOs include the following:
1. Critically assess the various operational strategies used in markets that are in differing stages of economic development.
2. Discuss and justify relevant business strategies and activities within specified cross cultural and international settings.
You are required to prepare a 10 minutes long original presentation and submit a report based on your presentation. The presentation is to give you an opportunity to gain feedback from your tutor and colleagues and to revise the report (no more than 1500 words). The evaluation of this assignment will only be based on the report rather than the presentation
1) Choose one company and help it prepare a global expansion plan. Assume that the company is currently evaluating the possibility of expanding into a different country. You will first evaluate the company’s current situation (e.g. strategies, internal resources, international experience, external environment) to see whether it is ready to do a global expansion
2) You will develop one entry strategy for the company to enter one OECD country. You need to compare a couple of entry strategies and select the best one for the company and explain why.
3) Similarly, you will develop one entry strategy for the company to enter one Emerging country and explain why this selected strategy is the best one for the company
4) The entry strategy for the above two countries could be different or same. You are expected to discuss the entry strategy in the two countries
4) Your presentation should evidence wide reading on the subject (e.g. text books, journals, data bases). Include a reference list at the end of your presentation slides. You should follow the CU Harvard referencing style
5) You should use the theories and frameworks of international business as analytic lenses. Theories/frameworks you might use in the assignment include, but are not limited to Porter model, Resource Based View, Entry strategies framework etc..
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions