Critically analyse and evaluate the different approaches to shaping entrepreneurial vision and identifying opportunity.
Strategy, Enterprise & Innovation
3. Learning Outcomes for the item of assessment This item of assessment covers the following learning outcomes. For the full list of learning outcomes for the module, please refer to the Module Study Guide.
- Critically analyse and evaluate the different approaches to shaping entrepreneurial vision and identifying opportunity.
- Critically evaluate the different drivers of innovation and entrepreneurial opportunity.
- Develop creative and innovative thinking.
- Analytical skills.
Case Background: Deliveroo
When Deliveroo`s founder and CEO Will Shu moved to London in 2013 he discovered a city full of great restaurants, but he was amazed that so few of them delivered food. He made it his personal mission to bring the best local restaurants direct to people’s doors. Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way customers eat. By constantly innovating and expanding, we offer the best choice and convenience. Its aim is to bring great food direct to customers as fast as possible, in less than 30 minutes. According to its website, the company is: “proud to export British-born technology around the world. Our ‘Frank’ algorithm is based on powerful predictive technology that evaluates the most efficient way of distributing orders based on the location of restaurants, riders and customers. It also mentions the fact that “Machine learning helps to predict the time it will take to prepare a meal, helping to streamline the delivery experience.” Arguably, Deliveroo has already “cut delivery time by 20%, meaning riders are able to complete more deliveries per hour and increase their earnings, restaurants are able to increase their sales, and – of course – customers get their food even faster.”
Write a report in response to the following tasks:
- Using appropriate frameworks/models, identify and evaluate the key drivers of innovation contributing to the success of Deliveroo. (700 words)
- Using appropriate strategy frameworks, critically analyse the different approaches undertaken by Deliveroo to help shape its entrepreneurial vision and business model. This analysis may include, but is not limited to, examples drawn from Deliveroo’s competitive strategies at both the business unit level and corporate level. (900 words)
- Critically evaluate the following statement: Deliveroo’s success can be attributed to the successful application of the “Blue Ocean strategy.” In your response, apply appropriate Blue Ocean tools and frameworks. (900 words)
- Write clear set of conclusions that succinctly highlights the key aspects covered in the literature. (500 words)
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions