A) Analyse the managerial style of the CEO using Henry Mintzberg’s managerial roles.
TASK DESCRIPTION – (Individual Assignment 100 %)
Choose one organization from the following two and write a report describing and analysing the management style.
After undertaking an extensive research on the company, you must identify and state the issues within that company. The topics to be chosen from your module is given below and covers learning outcomes for this module.
For each task given (FROM A to E, you are expected to incorporate at least one appropriate theory/model or recognised practice. For example, for Motivation you could include Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.
In your conclusion, you are to include at least two recommendations as to how might the company improve the situation in the future.
A) Analyse the managerial style of the CEO using Henry Mintzberg’s managerial roles. (400 words)
B) Examine if any step was taken by the CEO to bring about a change in organisation structure in order to achieve high performance and analyse the organisation culture brought about by the CEO of that firm and its influence on the employees.
C) Describe the leadership style of the CEO of that firm to enhance the organisational effectiveness. (400 words)
D) Examine the effects of power, influence and conflict at the chosen firm. (400 words)
E) Explain the various types of motivation strategies used at chosen firm. (400 words)
F) Use appropriate corporate examples and literature to justify your stand. (250 words)
G) Based on the discussion and debate what suggestions / recommendations (strategies) would you make to increase organisational performance? (350 words)
See below for the full explanation of the marking criteria
- Feel free to discuss possibilities with your lecturer.
- ‘Describe’ means ‘this is what happened’, ‘Analyse’ means ‘this is why it happened’.
- Recommendations could relate to the future, or to what others could learn from this situation.
- A title page, a contents page, an introduction, a main section with sub-sections, and a recommendation, conclusion and references. Clear headings are essential. Relevant sources of information should be cited using the Harvard referencing system.
- Any areas of doubt need to be raised with your lecturer
The tasks A to F addresses all the learning outcomes.
A maximum of 3000 words not including contents, appendices or list of references.
- Introduction -200 words
- Task A meets L01-400 words
- Task B meets L02-400 words
- Task C meets LO3-400 words
- Task D meets L04-400 words
- Task E meets L05-400 words
- Task F- Use of corporate examples and literature-250 words
- Task G- Suggestions/ Recommendations-350 words
- Task H- Conclusion-200 words
Please note the following when completing your written assignment:
- Writing: Written in English in an appropriate business/academic style
- Focus: Focus only on the tasks set in the assignment.
- Document format: Report
- Ensure a clear title, course, and name or ID number is on a cover sheet and a reference using Harvard referencing throughout is also provided.
- Research: Research should use reliable and relevant sources of information e.g. academic books and journals that have been peer reviewed. The research should be extensive.
The use of a range of information sources is expected – academic books, peer reviewed journal articles, professional articles, press releases and newspaper articles, reliable statistics, company annual reports and other company information. All referencing should be in Harvard style.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions