After reading Chapter 9 in Johnson, answer the following: Have you ever been a part of a group victimized by Groupthink? Which symptoms were present? How did they affect the group`s ethical decisions and actions?
1. After reading Chapter 9 in Johnson, answer the following: Have you ever been a part of a group victimized by Groupthink? Which symptoms were present? How did they affect the group`s ethical decisions and actions? Does the Abilene paradox (false agreement) offer a better explanation for what happened? Why or why not?
2. After reading Piper’s book, how would you evaluate your own ability to endure? Share examples of endurance in your own life, past or present. How can one improve their endurance?
3. View the movie "Amazing Grace.” What did you learn about Wilberforce and Newton that you did not glean from The Roots of Endurance? Was there anything you found troubling? Were you inspired in any way?
4. We all struggle with areas in our character. What would you say are the areas in which you struggle? What do you think you can do to address these challenges?
5. Read case 3.1 (Johnson, p. 97). Does being a libertine automatically disqualify someone from becoming a good leader? How much should citizens be concerned with the private lives of their political leaders? What can followers do to prevent their leaders from feeling entitled?
6. One-minute review: Summarize what you learned from the readings, lectures, and so forth this week. Take no more than a minute to write out three to five things you learned or applied from the materials this week.
7. Read Roots of Endurance by Piper. Write a 2-page essay (APA, double-spaced, no abstract, and a reference page) applying what you read in Piper’s book to your character and leadership. Attempt to glean at least one lesson from Wilberforce, Simeon, and Newton.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
tailored to your instructions