0% Plagiarism Guaranteed & Custom Written
EAC594 - Business Communication for the Digital Workplace
Business Communication for the Digital Workplace
With businesses thriving on good customer relationships, effective business communication is the cornerstone of company success. This course will help you learn the principles, practices, and tools for communicating effectively in the workplace using cases and/or projects. From learning about audience, context, formats, tone, and media to applying your skills in writing correspondence, reports, and presentations, this course will guide you in developing professional interpersonal, collaborative, and web-based knowledge and practices.
Upon successful completion of this subject the student will be able to:
1. Analyze audience, context, and purpose to choose the most effective message structure, format, content, language, tone, and medium for the situation
2. Format business documents using electronic tools and page design conforming to AODA requirements
3. Compose correspondence and reports using concise, polite, you-focused, positive, coherent, as well as plain, grammatically and mechanically sound language
4. Write business reports, adapting the content and structure to suit a variety of purposes
5. Incorporate research material into business documents using ethical documentation and citation practices
6. Collaborate to manage and complete project requirements, deadlines, and tasks
7. Create visual aids using digital tools
8. Apply principles of effective presentations when delivering information orally
9. Use digital and mobile applications to plan, create, and communicate information
Essential Employability Skills
Communicate clearly, concisely and correctly in the written, spoken and visual form that fulfils the purpose and meets the needs of the audience.
Respond to written, spoken, or visual messages in a manner that ensures effective communication.
Use a variety of thinking skills to anticipate and solve problems.
Locate, select, organize, and document information using appropriate technology and information systems.
Analyze, evaluate, and apply relevant information from a variety of sources.
Show respect for diverse opinions, values, belief systems, and contributions of others.
Interact with others in groups or teams in ways that contribute to effective working relationships and the achievement of goals.
Manage the use of time and other resources to complete projects.
Take responsibility for one`s own actions, decisions, and consequences.
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions