For your assessment you are required to choose a real-world scenario from the below list and write a 3000-word report based on your industry and market assessment for this company’s move.
Instructions on Assessment:
You have chosen a real-world scenario (in seminar): An existing company has recently expanded into a new international market OR expanded their operations in an existing international market.
You are tasked with a 3000-word report based on your industry and market assessment for this company’s move, which covers the following issues/questions (each question has been weighted out of a total of 100 marks):
1. Outline general aspects of the company (history, organizational structure, products) as well as its industry and market position at home. Draw on any relevant performance and market share data for the relevant years. (15 marks)
2. Assess the wider external environment in which the expansion occurred (use one relevant theoretical frameworks such as PESTLE, CAGE, Porter’s Five Forces, Yip’s Globalisation Drivers or Porter’s National Diamond to aid in the assessment). (25 marks)
3. Identify and evaluate the company’s international strategy and key resources (financial, human, knowledge, physical) utilised to implement this strategy. Use one relevant strategy model such as Bartlett and Ghoshal, Porter’s Coordination-Configuration, AAA, Ansoff Matrix, and Dunning’s OLI paradigm to aid in identifying the company’s strategy in this expansion (25 marks)
4. Identify key stakeholders who might be impacted by the company’s expansion and what ethical issues may arise (15 marks)
5. Assess whether or not the company was or will be successful in its move? (To do this, draw on multiple indicators of success, both in terms of internal company developments and external environment). (20 marks)
List of cases for the assessment
For your assessment you are required to choose a real-world scenario from the below list and write a 3000-word report based on your industry and market assessment for this company’s move. The specific questions that you need to cover are available in the assessment brief. You can choose one of the following scenarios:
1- Uniqlo launches first Canadian store (2016)
2- Natura Cosmeticos acquires the Body Shop (2017)
3- Haier acquires GE appliance division (2016)
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions