Use ETAP software to construct a distribution power network of at least 7 buses. You can start your distribution network at 125 kV and take it down to 0.415 kV (125 kV – 33 kV – 11 kV – 0.415 kV).
Electrical Power Systems Assignment
Module Code: 6EJ515
Electrical Power Systems
Assignment 2: An Investigation into the load flow analysis in 11 bus distribution network with and without renewable energy using ETAP software
Submission, Format and Process: Research reports will be submitted via Turnitin online submission system via the module area of Course Resources. Submissions need to be made using standard text document using black text on white paper in 11 point font size. Further guidance is available via the Turnitin submission interface. Description: Load flow study is a numerical analysis of the flow of electric power in an interconnected system. Load-flow studies are important for planning future expansion of power systems as well as in determining the best operation of existing systems. The principal information obtained from the load-flow study is the magnitude and phase angle of the voltage at each bus, and the real and reactive power flowing in each line.
You are required to submit an assignment of 2000 to 2500 words only. Directed studies work introduced in the lecture, laboratory & tutorial sessions will form the basis for most of the assignment topics but you are encouraged to extend the assignment according to your own interests and professional skills development needs and to use the assignment as a platform for becoming more proactive with electrical power system design, analysis, simulation, prototyping, test, validation and wider personal development opportunities. The assignment must include and explore the following prescribed topics:
(1) Use ETAP software to construct a distribution power network of at least 7 buses. You can start your distribution network at 125 kV and take it down to 0.415 kV (125 kV – 33 kV – 11 kV – 0.415 kV). You should have industrial loads connected to the 11 kV as well as domestic loads connected to the 0.415 kV. It is up to you to select the details of your loads (power and P.F.).
(2) Carry out the load flow study of the network in (1). In your study you should comment on the magnitude and phase angle of the voltage at each bus, and the real and reactive power flowing in each line.
(3) Carry out the load flow study calculations for at least a two bus network using the NewtonRaphson Method.
(5) Explain your own thoughts, observation for your simulation results and provide your professional comments.
This assignment is designed to support your development as an undergraduate learner and to outline a process of personal verification and evaluation. The purpose of learning is to develop competent graduates that are knowledgeable, creative, has capabilities of design and build skills and vision to bring fresh potential ideas to business. Use this assignment as a first step in redefining yourself as a professional.
In completing this assignment the student will have developed skills in:
• Identify, select, programme and test suitable power flow techniques and algorithms to solve network power, voltage and current distributions
100% Plagiarism Free & Custom Written,
Tailored to your instructions